Ensure you are compliant!
This course is designed to provide ASIC Registered Agents with an in-depth understanding of their role and obligations as an agent in accordance with the ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions dated 12 May 2020.
ASIC places an obligation on registered agents to keep up-to-date, comply and implement processes within their businesses that ensures compliance with their registered agent responsibilities. In May 2020, ASIC announced that it will commence ongoing registered agent gatekeeping/compliance programs.
This course provides agents with an opportunity to revisit their responsibilities, refresh their knowledge and reflect on their practices.
Hosted by CorpSec Services.
Who should attend?
ASIC registered agents who would like to better understand their role and responsibilities.
Accountants, bookkeepers and employees of accounting firms wanting further training on governance processes to be better equipped to handle their clients’ compliance work and ASIC lodgements.
Corporate secretarial officers, company compliance officers and managers.
Agents keen to consolidate and refresh their knowledge of the ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions.
Anyone wanting to deepen their understand of the rules and regulations around company compliance.
Agents preparing minutes and governance documents to support company changes.
Agents wanting to learn tips and tricks from other practicing registered agents.
Who should attend?
- ASIC registered agents who would like to better understand their role and responsibilities.
- Accountants, bookkeepers and employees of accounting firms wanting further training on governance processes to be better equipped to handle their clients’ compliance work and ASIC lodgements.
- Corporate secretarial officers, company compliance officers and managers.
- Agents keen to consolidate and refresh their knowledge of the ASIC Registered Agent Terms and Conditions.
- Anyone wanting to deepen their understanding of the rules and regulations around company compliance.
- Agents preparing minutes and governance documents to support company changes.
- Agents wanting to learn tips and tricks
1. ASIC’s Role, Registered Agent Portal & useful tools:
1.1. Role of ASIC Registered Agent
1.2. Registered Agent Portal
1.3. ASIC Connect
1.4. ASIC Online Enquiry
2. ASIC Registered Agent Terms & Conditions dated 12 May 2020 & Electronic Lodgement Protocol:
2.1. Registered Agents’ Obligations
2.2. ASIC’s ongoing registered agent gatekeeping programs
2.3 Responsible Person /RA01
2.4 Requirement to change the registered office address
2.5 Withdrawing consent to use of registered office
2.6 Form 362
2.7 Corporate Keys
2.8. Cancellation of agent registrations by ASIC
2.9. Electronic Lodgement Protocol (ELP)
3. Types of companies & key considerations when registering companies:
3.1. Types of companies
3.2. Registering a Pty company
3.3. Sole director companies & S.127 of Corp Act
3.4. Consents to Act
3.5. Constitution vs Replaceable Rules
3.6 Adopting or modifying a Constitution
3.7. Governance documents for registering a new company
4. Maintaining Statutory Registers and onboarding new clients & exiting lost clients:
4.1. Maintaining company records on behalf of clients
4.2. Company Health checks
4.3. Process for onboarding new clients
4.4. Process for exiting lost clients
5. Annual Reviews/Annual Company Statements:
5.1. Solvency Resolutions
5.2. Late fees
5.3. Form 485 – Statement in relation to company solvency
6. Company Changes:
6.1. Standard company changes
6.2. Non-Standard company changes – Special Resolutions
7. Detailed look at Minutes:
7.1. The importance of minutes
7.2. Written resolutions vs meeting minutes
7.3. Ensuring minutes are validly passed in accordance with the Corps Act & a company’s constitution
7.4. When to Resolve, Ratify or Note?
7.5. Change of Directors – factors to consider
7.6. Special resolutions and short notice
7.7. S.251A – Requirement to keep a Minute book
8. Case Studies
8.1. Case Study 1: Registered Agent Obligations
8.2. Case Study 2: Incorporation Documents – Wet or Digital Signatures
9. Tips and tricks
9.1. Useful reports for agents
9.2. Reconstructions of company records
9.3. Reinstatement of deregistered companies
9.4. Directors Identification Number
Hurry, limited spaces available!
Wednesday, 14 April 2021 | 11:00 – 14:30 AEST
Wednesday, 12 May 2021 | 11:00 – 14:30 AEST
Wednesday, 9 June 2021 | 11:00 – 14:30 AEST
Course Fee & Structure
- $299 excl. GST
- 3.5 CPD hours
- Live 3.5 hour Zoom Webinar
- Detailed Slide Presentation
- Chat Participation
- Certificate of Completion
CorpSec Services Pty Ltd does not provide legal, accounting or financial advice. Course attendees should not act solely on the basis of opinions, comments or information provided in this course without seeking professional advice in respect of their own particular circumstances. The information is provided as a guide and does not represent a definitive or legal view of any of the issues raised or referred to. The content is one interpretation of good corporate practice. It is not designed to cover or comply with all applicable legislation or case law. We cannot be held liable or accountable to any person who acts or relies upon the information provided.