So, you need to do company
secretarial work… now what?
If you have never delved into the world of company compliance, it can seem overwhelming at first. So, BGL has made your first step simple… attend our Company Secretary 101: A Beginner’s Guide live online training course!
Why this course?
The Company Secretary 101 course is a great opportunity for new or inexperienced ASIC Registered Agents to overcome their “new job nerves” by learning the core duties, legal responsibilities, tasks and activities of a company secretary.
Missed the live course? Watch the recording!
Simply submit your details to watch the live recording of this training course!
Role of ASIC Registered Agents
- Requirements to become an ASIC Agent.
- Responsibilities of an ASIC Agent.
- Who is the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)?
- Compliance Requirements of an ASIC Agent.
- Outlining lodgement and ASIC fees.
- What is a Corporate Key?
- What is upcoming for Registered Agents – Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS)?
- What is a company and types of companies?
- Steps to register a company.
- Constitution vs. Replaceable Rules.
- Summary of officeholders, shareholders and Company Share Structure.
- Overview of the Director Identification Number (Director ID).
- Using CAS 360 to keep up-to-date.
Company Documents & Forms
- An in-depth look at Form 484.
- Digital Signing.
- Form 492.
- CAS 360 reports.
- What is an Annual Review?
- Solvency Resolutions and Form 485.
- Aligning Annual Review dates.
- ASIC fees explained.
Who is this course for?
The Company Secretary 101 course is ideal for those new to the role or with little experience (less than a year) as an ASIC Registered Agent.
What will you learn?
The Company Secretary 101 course will provide attendees with a detailed understanding of the role, responsibilities and functions of an ASIC Registered Agent, along with some basic concepts such as:
- Company basics (What is a company?)
- Compliance basics (What are the obligations of a company?)
- Company reports, forms and Annual Reviews (oh my!)
- What is CAS 360? (and why you’ll love it)
Do you need software?
The Company Secretary 101 course is not software dependent and is not software training. You do not require company compliance management software to attend this course.
However… if you want to streamline and simplify your company compliance work, check out BGL’s award-winning CAS 360 software!
Click here to learn more >>>
Who is BGL?
With 30+ years of trust in the accounting software space, BGL delivers Australia’s award-winning and leading cloud-based self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF), investment portfolio and company compliance management software solutions to 8,500+ businesses in 15 countries. All through user-friendly and highly intelligent web applications.
For more information, please visit www.bglcorp.com
You may be interested in…
Take the hassle out of your company compliance work with the time-saving features in CAS 360! Intelligent, cloud-based compliance software, empowering professionals to automate workflows and efficiently manage company compliance.