So, you need to do company
secretarial work… now what?
If you have never delved into the world of company compliance, it can seem overwhelming at first. So, BGL has made your first step simple… attend our Company Secretary 101: A Beginner’s Guide live online training course!
Duration: 2 hours
CPD Hours: 2 (certificate of completion provided)
Interactive: Live chat + Q&A
Date & Time: Tuesday, 18 October 2022 at 14:00 AEDT (live Zoom webinar!)
Why this course?
The Company Secretary 101 course is a great opportunity for new or inexperienced ASIC Registered Agents to overcome their “new job nerves” by learning the core duties, legal responsibilities, tasks and activities of a company secretary.
Plus, it’s complimentary and helps attendees boost their mandatory CPD hours. Nice!
Role of ASIC Registered Agents
- Requirements to become an ASIC Agent.
- Responsibilities of an ASIC Agent.
- Who is the Australian Securities and Investment Commission (ASIC)?
- Compliance Requirements of an ASIC Agent.
- Outlining lodgement and ASIC fees.
- What is a Corporate Key?
- What is upcoming for Registered Agents – Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS)?
- What is a company and types of companies?
- Steps to register a company.
- Constitution vs. Replaceable Rules.
- Summary of officeholders, shareholders and Company Share Structure.
- Overview of the Director Identification Number (Director ID).
- Using CAS 360 to keep up-to-date.
Company Documents & Forms
- An in-depth look at Form 484.
- Digital Signing.
- Form 492.
- CAS 360 reports.
- What is an Annual Review?
- Solvency Resolutions and Form 485.
- Aligning Annual Review dates.
- ASIC fees explained.
The Company Secretary 101 course is ideal for those new to the role or with little experience (less than a year) as an ASIC Registered Agent.
The Company Secretary 101 course will provide attendees with a detailed understanding of the role, responsibilities and functions of an ASIC Registered Agent, along with some basic concepts such as:
- Company basics (What is a company?)
- Compliance basics (What are the obligations of a company?)
- Company reports, forms and Annual Reviews (oh my!)
- What is CAS 360? (and why you’ll love it)
The Company Secretary 101 course is not software dependent and is not software training. You do not require company compliance management software to attend this course.
However… if you want to streamline and simplify your company compliance work, check out BGL’s award-winning CAS 360 software!
Click here to learn more >>>
The Company Secretary 101 course is hosted live and online via the video conferencing platform, Zoom, and presented by a qualified and experienced BGL Trainer. Upon registration, attendees will receive a link to join the course at the specified date and time.
During the course, attendees can submit questions to the BGL Trainer and chat openly with other attendees. The BGL Trainer will address questions during the session (where appropriate) and close the course with a Q&A.
After the course, registrants will receive a copy of the course presentation (PDF) and a recording of the session via email, regardless of whether or not they attended the live session.
To register for the Company Secretary 101 course:
- Click the ‘Register Now’ button.
- Continue as a new user or Log in.
- Select New Registration.
- Select Free BGL Events > Web > Company Secretary 101: A Beginner’s Guide.
- Follow the prompts to complete your registration.
With 30+ years of trust in the accounting software space, BGL delivers Australia’s award-winning and leading cloud-based self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF), investment portfolio and company compliance management software solutions to 8,500+ businesses in 15 countries. All through user-friendly and highly intelligent web applications.
For more information, please visit www.bglcorp.com
You may be interested in…
Take the hassle out of your company compliance work with the time-saving features in CAS 360! Intelligent, cloud-based compliance software, empowering professionals to automate workflows and efficiently manage company compliance.