The end of life for Simple Fund Desktop will be on 31 December 2022.
Earlier this month, BGL advised its clients that the end of life for Simple Fund Desktop will be on 31 December 2022.
This is truly the end of an era...
Launched in 1997, Simple Fund Desktop changed the game when it came to SMSF administration, offering an alternative to completing calculations in Excel and very manual and cumbersome processing and report generation through general ledger software.
However, with a number of significant changes to superannuation law in 2021, BGL made the difficult decision not to implement these changes in Simple Fund Desktop. Instead, focusing its resources and development on its award-winning cloud solution, Simple Fund 360.
Continue to blog post >>>
What does this mean?
- Support and the ability to log support calls for Simple Fund Desktop will cease.
- Clients will no longer be able to renew their Simple Fund Desktop subscription.
- Clients will have access to Simple Fund Desktop until their subscription expiry date.
- Clients will still have access to the BGL Wiki until their subscription expiry date.
- BGL’s Client Success Team is here to assist clients with migration to Simple Fund 360.
What's next? Simple Fund 360!
Simple Fund 360 is the natural progression for Simple Fund Desktop clients. Migration is easy with our dedicated onboarding specialists and extensive resources and services available to help clients with their journey:
- Migration of all data and reports from Simple Fund Desktop to Simple Fund 360.
- Comprehensive learning resources to help clients get started.
- A support team to deliver technical product help when clients need it.
- A dedicated Account Manager to be clients’ go-to person at BGL.
To learn how easy it is to migrate from Simple Fund Desktop or if you would like to discuss these changes, please reach out to your Account Manager today.