It’s the final countdown do do doooo doo, do do do do dooo…
The song is now playing in your head… you’re welcome 🙂
The introduction of Director IDs means Australian company directors are required to identify themselves with the Australian Business Registry Services (ABRS) via MyGovID before 30 November 2022. Failure to do so may result in a hefty fine.
BGL has developed materials to help you and your clients get their Director ID.
While it is the responsibility of directors to get an ID, ASIC Agents can help. And clients will need your help to provide the required data to the ABRS to get their ID.
Do my SMSF Director Trustees need a Director ID?
The answer to this is Yes. Anyone who was a director of an SMSF trustee company on or before 31 October 2021 requires a Director ID, even if they have since resigned and have no intention of being a director again.
How can CAS 360 help?
To help manage and streamline the administration of these new requirements for BGL clients, BGL released a suite of Director ID features in its CAS 360 software including:
- Director ID Alert: To help track and manage Director IDs.
- Director ID Report: To help identify if a director still needs to apply for their ID.
- Official ABRS Letters: Can be generated and included as part of the document set when preparing annual reviews, Director appointments and Company Incorporations.
Plus, CAS 360 allows you to:
- Send a customisable email to all company directors about the new Director ID requirements,
- Send email reminders to company directors as the Director ID deadline is approaching,
- See if a contact is a director in multiple companies,
- Add a director’s email address, and
- Add a director’s ID number once the director has completed registration.
See CAS 360’s Director ID features in action!
Watch our webinar recording to learn more and start taking advantage of these amazing features.
For more information, contact your BGL account manager by email or call 1300 654 401.
Regards, The BGL Team