We were thrilled to be partnering with Your Wills – an Australian-based company (supported by SLF Lawyers) that offers you and your clients a simple to use, straightforward solution allowing your client to cost effectively create a legally recognised Will online.
The document, in our opinion, contains numerous calculation and logic errors. We wonder what would be ASIC’s view if an industry or retail super fund published a document that was so misleading and contained so many errors?
If a software supplier shows you a PowerPoint presentation and does not show you their software, this should ring alarm bells. And if they bring the software developer along to fix bugs in the software during the presentation, this should ring sirens.
In this episode of the BGL Podcast, I was joined by Molly Banister (Twitter: @MollyKBanister)
Molly is the marketing manager at SuiteFiles
Molly talks about her journey from wanting to be a lawyer, to working out that she loves helping people and finding a job she loved in marketing.
Molly also talks about
- Her love of RipCurl long socks
- Changing how she looked at her professional life
- That ‘Kindness costs nothing’
- Investing in human psychology
- Competing in cheerleading championships
- Believing in who you are, and believing that you are worthwhile
- How marketing should never stop
Australia is “at long last” becoming wise to the misinformation and false assumptions underlying traditional funds management, and robo-advice tools are the messenger.
Guy Pearson, Practice Ignition
On day 2 of Xerocon I was joined by Guy Pearson, Guy is the CEO of Practice Ignition
Guy talks about how 2019 has been a transformational year in his life and what has changed for him. Guy also talks about his history in business and a huge amount of other points such as.
- What Practice Ignition is
- A PI customer success story
- Guy’s start in Accounting
- Running his own Accounting team at 23
- Starting an Accounting Firm at 25
- The backstory of starting his accounting firm
- Why he’s not allowed to sell PI
- Improving energy levels
- Being grateful and expressing it
- His thoughts on value based pricing
- His favourite quotes
After this ep was recorded Practice Ignition announced a $26m capital raise
Many advisers do not foresee the potential flow-on legal consequences from merely providing an investment strategy template to an SMSF client.
There’s been a significant increase in email-based impersonation attacks worldwide over the last three months, highlighting an urgent need for businesses to work towards a higher standard of email security.